I know, I know. I’m terrible. I totally dropped the ball on the photo challenge. What was I thinking though in starting that? I’m moving in less than 4 weeks and my last semester in community college is coming to a close. My life has been pretty busy for the last month and it’s only going to get busier until we move. So, I’m just going to forget the photo challenge and focus on what needs to get done. It was fun while it lasted! Unfortunately, I’ve always had trouble following through on things.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! My second favorite holiday of the year. I love it because it’s a great time to spend some quality time with friends and family without all of the pressure of giving gifts. You simply get time with people you love. Not to mention lots of good food. My favorite being ham and pretzel salad!
This Thanksgiving feels a lot different than the rest. It feels like I really need to cherish this time, since I will be moving soon. This year I’m especially thankful for my family. Both my side and Corey’s parents. This has been a particularly rough year for Corey and I, and our families have really been there for us when we needed them. Their generosity has been such a blessing in our lives and we are so, so grateful!
So, in honor of thanksgiving, here are some interesting thanksgiving facts that I found!
– Minnesota produces the most turkeys in America.
– The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade first took place in New York City in 1924.
– Congress declared Thanksgiving as a national holiday in 1941.
– The First Thanksgiving lasted for three days.
– Apparently turkey’s have heart attacks because when the Air Force was conducting tests and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
– Thomas Jefferson said that the idea of Thanksgiving was “the most ridiculous idea I’ve ever heard.”
Have a happy Thanksgiving!