Essential oils are ALL the rage right now. Some of you may think they’re just a fad that will slowly fade away, but this couldn’t be further from the truth! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years, dating back to Bible times. You may recall hearing about the baby Jesus being given gifts of Frankincense and Myrrh. I’m not sure how, but even way back then knew the amazing properties of these precious oils. To this day, Frankincense is a very expensive oil.
Here just a few of my top reasons for choosing Young Living Essential Oils instead of other companies….
- Young Living has been around over 20 years. When Gary D. Young, the founder, was 24, he was in a logging accident where he became paralyzed and was told it was unlikely he would ever walk again. Three years after the accident, Gary started getting some feeling back in his legs and toes and started using essential oils for his pain. He finally regained mobility and 13 years after the accident, he ran a half marathon! Since then, Gary has received a degree in nutrition, a doctorate in naturopathy, and is now one of the top authoritative figures in the world when it comes to essential oils.
- Seed to Seal guarantee. YL has complete control of the entire process of their essential oils. They own the farms, do the weeding (by hand), harvest, distill, test for quality & purity, and bottle. This, to me, is very important, since most other oil companies get their oils from random farmers where they have no idea if the oils are adulterated or not.
- Green practices. The raw plant material that is left over once distillation is finished is composted and used in the soil for subsequent crops. YL strives to keep their oils and products as pure and organic as possible!
- Their products go out of stock. Okay, so this may be a downside to some people, but hear me out! Real plants obviously cannot be made in a lab, so when a harvest is over for the year for a certain plant and they didn’t plant enough originally to sustain demand for the rest of the year, they have to wait until the next harvest. The oil companies that never or rarely have their oils go out of stock have to be finding other suppliers or using fillers in their oils to make them go farther. A couple years ago, Valor, one of YL’s signature oils blends, went out of stock because of a specific oil in the blend being unavailable. Gary Young tried to find another supplier for that specific oil (I can’t remember which oil it was) and thought he had found one that would meet his specifications. After testing it, Gary found that it wasn’t quite up to his standards. It wasn’t a terrible oil, just not quite to the level of purity that he had hoped. Instead of using that oil and stocking the shelves with Valor (which was highly demanded), he rejected it and it was around an entire year until the oil was back in stock. THAT, my friends, is not sacrificing quality for profit.
- Customer Service. YL takes pride in providing excellent customer service. Just last week I ordered a bottle of the new Thieves laundry detergent to try out for the first time. Despite the bottle being packaged great, it happened to leak. I contacted YL and they promptly sent me out a replacement bottle at no cost to me. All the interactions that I have had with their customer service representatives have been pleasant and my issue has always been resolved to above my satisfaction.
- YL allows you to help harvest their plants. They are the only essential oil company in the US that owns its own farms, and they actually encourage you to come and get your hands in the dirt! They frequently have farm days and family events where you can come, take a tour, and see exactly how the oils we use go from a tiny seed to the wonderful oils we’re blessed to use in our homes for our health. This is on my bucket list to get to do one day!
I hope this was informative to you and that you understand why quality is so important! Oils that have fillers and solvents can actually have the opposite effect that we want on our bodies and health, so know the practices of the company that you’re using.
Please feel free to comment with any questions! I don’t remoltely know close to everything, but I love to help and will try to point you in the right direction. =)
If you’d like to learn more about essential oils, please leave me a comment and I can connect you to one of the online workshops that my team does so you can learn in the comfort of your own home! My Young Living member number is 1717749 and you can sign up to get your own essential oil starter kit here. I may have a gift for you after you do! =)